Primary Teaching for Mastery Programme 2019-2020
We are now recruiting primary schools to take part in Teaching for Mastery Work Groups during 2019-2020.
Each Work Group will be led by a NCETM trained Mastery Specialist. During the year, schools will work closely together to introduce and develop approaches to teaching for mastery.
What is involved?
- Teachers work together with the Mastery Specialist in half-termly TRG meetings and through an online community
- Each school receives a termly support visit from the Mastery Specialist to observe teaching, support in-school TRGs, and work with the lead teachers and head teacher in developing an action plan for the school
- The head teacher works with the Mastery Specialist and other Maths Hub’s leadership to develop whole school policies and structures to support teaching for mastery
- The lead teachers, supported by the head teacher, work with colleagues to develop teaching for mastery approaches in the classroom, supported by professional development activity
- Following the first year the schools are expected to then continue being part of the Work Group. Schools will be supported by the Maths Hub to continue to act as a network that supports schools in their development of teaching for mastery
What are the benefits?
- High quality support for teacher professional development for the lead teachers, facilitated by the Mastery Specialist
- Support for the head teacher in addressing leadership issues related to teaching for mastery from the Mastery Specialist and the Maths Hub’s leadership
- Opportunity to work closely with other schools also developing teaching for mastery
- No charge for participation and a grant of £1000 to help subsidise teacher release time
- Matched funding of £2000 to support the school in buying text books
How do I apply?
Complete the application form below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 22nd March.