Teaching for Mastery Programme – now recruiting for workgroup schools!
In 2017-18, we will be running eight primary maths Teaching for Mastery Work Groups. Each Work Group will be led by one of our Mastery Specialists and will involve six or seven primary schools. During the year, they will work closely together to introduce and develop approaches to teaching for mastery. The Work Group activity will include:
- Each school identifying two teachers to lead developments within their school
- The two teachers working together with the Mastery Specialist and teachers from the other Work Group schools in half-termly Teacher Research Group (TRG) meetings and through an online community
- Each school receiving a termly support visit from the Mastery Specialist to observe teaching, support in-school TRGs, and work with the lead teachers and head teacher
- The head teacher working with the Maths Hub leadership and other Work Group school head teachers to develop whole school policies and structures to support teaching for mastery
- The lead teachers, supported by the head teacher, working with colleagues to develop teaching for mastery approaches in the classroom, supported by professional development activity including TRG methods
Benefits for participating schools Participating in the Work Group will provide the following benefits to participant schools:
- High quality support for teacher professional development for the lead teachers, facilitated by the Mastery Specialists
- Support for the head teacher in addressing leadership issues related to teaching for mastery from the Mastery Specialist and the Maths Hub leadership
- Opportunity to work closely with other schools also developing teaching for mastery
- No charge for participation and a grant of £1000 to help subsidise teacher release time
- Up to £2000 matched funding to support the school in buying text books from the DfE’s recommended list
How to apply Schools interested in applying to be part of a Work Group in 2017-18 should complete the application form below and send it to email@example.com by Friday 16th June.