For both Primary & Secondary Schools
We currently offer £500 bursaries for action based research, which addresses the needs of schools in the region.
You will be supported with your research by an experienced colleague from Leeds Beckett University and will be expected to share your findings with the Maths Hub at the conclusion of the project.
Reports for some of these projects can be found in the ‘Resources’ section below:
If you would like to apply for a bursary, please complete the application form below and return it to YRMathshub@harrogategrammar.co.uk
Examples of current research includes:
- Raising the profile of mathematics with parents
- A comparative study: primary mathematics in the Far East and England
- Teaching Division with Dienes – Supporting Children with Understanding Written Algorithms in KS2
- Can post 16 peer-to-peer academic mentoring across the key stages raise younger students’ levels of engagement in mathematics?
- Using the Lesson Study model to improve teacher confidence in teaching maths through ‘real life’ activities
- An investigation into the impact of the use of the Singapore Bar Method in mathematics to develop understanding in calculating and applying knowledge specifically in the areas of fractions, decimals and percentages
- Evaluate the effectiveness of collaborative intervention work across small rural schools