For Primary Schools
Subject knowledge and skills for teaching assistants
Held at Harrogate Grammar School, this 3 day training
programme is designed for teaching assistants working in
schools which have already been part of a teacher research
group (TRG) or whose subject leader has attended the 4 day
Maths Subject Leader course, and whose schools are already
committed to a teaching for mastery approach. It is also
anticipated that participants will take responsibility for sharing
their knowledge and expertise back in school.
Outline of the Programme:
• Introduction to mastery; the features of mastery pedagogy.
• Explore and evaluate outcomes of research into effective practice for teaching assistants.
• Growth mindsets and a positive climate for learning.
• Developing talk and mathematical language
• Practical resources to support deep learning
• Progression in calculations and fractions
• Teaching for fluency
Outcomes of the Programme:
• Enhance their subject knowledge
• Gain an understanding of the recommended methods for teaching for mastery to support all children
• Explore and develop pedagogy and resources
This programme is now fully booked, but if you would like to express an interest in attending a second cohort starting in early 2020, please get in touch!
Get in touch