Top tips for teaching Core Maths
A short, informative video has been produced by the Core Maths Support Programme, with Core Maths Leads from around the country sharing their top tips for teaching Core Maths – take a look!
Teaching tips include:
- Experiment- don’t be discouraged if things go wrong.
- Include real world problems to help students engage with their mathematics.
- Make sure your teaching is different to GCSE, and relevant to the real world.
- Teach through activities, make learning Core Maths a collaborative process.
- Include open ended, thought provoking and challenging activities.