For Post 16
Developing Core Maths
The programme involves a direct working partnership between the West Yorkshire Maths Hub and the Advanced Mathematics Support Programme (AMSP). Teachers across the whole of Yorkshire are welcome to join this online programme.
Who can take part?
This programme is aimed at experienced, recent or – in exceptional cases – potential teachers of Core Maths. These may be teachers in post-16 settings whose main subject is maths or whose main subject is not maths. Teachers across the whole of Yorkshire are welcome to join this on line programme.
What is involved?
Sessions will be online, enabling teachers to join any of the four Post 16 Work Groups across Yorkshire.
The programme has been designed to meet the specific needs of the participants.
What will you learn?
- understand the philosophy of Core Maths, with its approach to maths through contextualised problem-solving
- explore a range of common Core Maths approaches and topics (e.g. Fermi problems, critical analysis of numbers in the media) and their use of pre-release materials
- identify and make effective use of existing Core Maths resources
- support senior leadership in understanding the benefits of Core Maths
- understand the role of Core Maths in promoting problem solving within GCSE Maths
What is the cost?
The programme is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme and the AMSP so is free to participating schools/colleges.
How can I get involved?
To book your place please complete the booking form.