For Secondary Schools & Post 16
Supporting students to make the grade on the new Maths GCSE Higher tier
This Work Group is aimed at Secondary School teachers who would like to develop their practice at Higher level.
The Higher GCSE reforms have meant that some of the subject content is new; much of this new content has come from the old A-level therefore some teachers do not feel confident enough to deliver the whole GCSE at higher level.
Participants will be contacted initially to identify the subject content they would like to cover, and the school will need to identify a group of higher students that the Work Group participants can work with, in order to develop their practice.
- Outcomes for participants and their schools include:
- Strong knowledge of identified subject content
- Deep understanding of pedagogical approaches to deliver identified subject content
- Be positive and confident about delivering the GCSE at higher level
- Plan lessons for higher GCSE with depth of understanding in mind
- Deliver lessons for higher GCSE with depth of understanding in mind
- Higher GCSE Students experience more depth of understanding when a new area of maths is introduced; helping to develop their knowledge and understanding
- Over time Higher GCSE Students’ attitude to learning improves
The Work Group will run as 8 half day sessions – dates and venue TBC.
If you would like further information or would like to book a place, get in touch: