Subject Knowledge for Early Years Practitioners
Who can take part?
The programme is designed for individuals who would like to develop their specialist knowledge for teaching maths to three to five years olds. This may be particularly relevant for NQTs, teachers that have moved phases or teachers that have not received maths-specific training.
There are two pathways for this programme:
One programme will focus on Number Patterns and Structures and the other will focus on Pattern, Shape, Space and Measures.
Both programmes have three core elements, three associated pedagogy sessions, and a task to support the transition from theory to practice.
What will you learn?
Participants and their schools will:
- develop enhanced maths subject knowledge with a particular emphasis on developmental progression in the Early Years to ensure sequences of learning are cohesive
- consider the learning opportunities and pedagogical approaches across the wider provision – reviewing and enhancing the opportunities to promote mathematical learning across the provision.
What is the cost?
The Early Years Subject Knowledge Programme is fully funded by the Maths Hubs Programme so is free to participating schools.
2023-24 Dates & Venues:
The programme will run over 4 full days:
Shape - Welburn & Crambeck Village Hall, Malton
- 6th December 2023
- 24th January 2024
- 24th April 2024
- 26th June 2024
Number - New Earswick Folk Hall, York **NOW FULL**
- 4th December 2023 **NOW FULL**
- 8th February 2024 **NOW FULL**
- 17th April 2024 **NOW FULL**
- 5th June 2024 **NOW FULL**
How can I get involved?
The Number pathway is now full for the 23/24 academic year. If you would like to apply for a place on the Shape pathway for the 23/24 academic year, please click on the link below to complete a short form.